Black Steel Pipe Nipple Description:
Carbon steel is an iron-carbon alloy with a carbon content of 0.0218% to 2.11%. Also called carbon steel. Generally, it also contains a small amount of silicon, manganese, sulfur, and phosphorus. Generally, the higher the carbon content of carbon steel, the greater the hardness and the higher the strength, but the lower the plasticity.
Black steel pipe nipples are forged from carbon steel pipes and sandblasted or coated with anti-corrosion coating for increasing the corrosion resistance of the steel pipe nipples and prolong the service life.
1. The black iron nipple is carbon steel construction and has complete specifications including the welded nipple, seamless nipple, TOE pipe nipple, TBE pipe nipple, close pipe nipple, etc;
2. Not for use with potable water and underground use; Use for above ground gas, LP, and air applications;
3. Always check your local plumbing and gas codes before starting any piping projects;
4. These threaded nipples can be customized according to customer needs or drawings and samples;
5. Pipe nipples are the way to go when selecting gas pipes for your residence. Our durable, schedule 40 black steel is hydrostatically tested. Pipe, fittings, and nipples are available in an array of sizes to fit residential and light commercial gas, LP, and air applications.