China Threaded Pipe Fittings Manufacturer/Exporter ASTM A733 Standard Carbon Steel Nipples Black Close Pipe Nipple With Virtually No Unthreaded Area, When Screwed Tightly Between Two Female Fittings, Very Little Of The Nipple Remains Exposed
Black Close Pipe Nipple Description:
In plumbing and piping, a nipple is a fitting consisting of a short piece of pipe, usually provided with a male pipe thread at each end, for connecting two other pipes or fittings. The length of the nipple is usually specified by the overall length with threads. A 'close nipple' has virtually no unthreaded area, when screwed tightly between two female fittings, very little of the nipple remains exposed. In that case, connected fittings come close to touching one another and very little of the nipple can be seen. When ordering a close nipple, they are ordered by the diameter by close, for example, 1/2" x close.
1. 1-1/4" NPT Threaded Black Close Pipe Nipple Sch 40;
2. A close nipple almost has all length with threads, when screwed tightly between two female fittings, very little of the nipple remains exposed;
3. Black close pipe nipples are sandblasted or coated with anti-corrosion coating for increasing the corrosion resistance of the steel pipe nipples and prolong the service life;
4. Can be customized according to drawings, samples, or customer special requirements;
5. Close nipples are difficult to work with. A close nipple can only be unscrewed by gripping one threaded end with a pipe wrench which will damage the threads and necessitate replacing the nipple. So, a close nipple can only be unscrewed by using a specialty tool known as a nipple wrench (or an internal pipe wrench) which grips the inside of the pipe, leaving the threads undamaged.