Common Steel Pipe Connection Methods
1. Heat-shrinkable pipe connector: When the pipe is connected, field welding can be used. Since the welding points cannot be handled on the construction site, heat-shrinkable pipe connectors are used as supplementary seals. A rubber welding sleeve is placed on the pipe welding points, and then a special cross-linked polyethylene sleeve is applied to shrink under the action of heat. So as to achieve shrink seal. The applicable scope is pipelines whose DN is below 400 mm.
2. Limit compression type: the piping adopts a flanging or port welding ring, and the connection method is live or semi-live connection. After the rubber sealing ring is compressed by 20%-30%, it enters the metal seal groove and adopts the limit Seal to protect the sealing element. The joint can be made of copper or carbon steel. The scope of application DN is below 400 mm, and it is suitable for harsh environments such as foundation subsidence and various high temperature and high pressure.
3. Welding type (socket or butt welding): ring-shaped argon arc welding is carried out on the usual socket-type pipe connectors and matching, which has a sealing effect and completes the matching connection. Scope of application: For public buildings and large buildings, the DN is between 15 mm and 100 mm, and the DN is greater than 100 mm. Conventional butt welding is more common; indoors can be installed in the dark or buried outdoors.
4. Quick-connect flange type: ring-shaped argon arc welding is performed on the flange and the matching, and the gasket between the flanges is compressed with a quick clamp to play a sealing role and complete the matching connection. The scope of application DN is 15 mm-100 mm, for public buildings and large buildings.
5. Taper thread type: the external thread sleeve is welded with the matching ring argon arc, and the internal thread pipe connection is sealed by the taper connection to complete the matching connection. The applicable range of DN is 65mm-100mm. The pipelines of public buildings and large buildings can be used in harsh environments such as foundation sinking, high temperature, and high pressure.
6. Compression type: Insert the pipe into the pipe mouth of the pipe connector, fasten it with a nut, and compress the sleeve of the pipe mouth through the sealing ring with a spiral force to play a sealing role and complete the pipe connection. Scope of application: DN≤150mm, can be installed in the dark.