China Pipe Coupling Manufacturers Carbon Steel Merchant Coupling Galvanized Extra Heavy Half Merchant Coupling Threaded Steel Pipe Fittings
Galvanized Extra Heavy Half Merchant Coupling Description:
1. Threaded coupling for connecting two pipes going in the same direction;
2. Female National Pipe Taper (NPT) threads on both ends for
connecting two male threaded pipes;
3. Made from steel for greater rust resistance than iron;
4. NPT threads for creating tighter seals than straight threads;
5. Meets specifications ASTM A865 and ASME B 1.20.1 for quality assurance.
Extra strong full and half merchant couplings, also known as API (American Petroleum Institute) line pipe couplings, are manufactured in accordance with ASTM A865. This type of coupling is furnished for the extra strong and double extra strong pipe. All are taper-tapped. And half merchant couplings are half the size.
Galvanized couplings are electroplated zinc or hot dipped zinc, and galvanizing can increase the corrosion resistance of the steel pipe coupling and prolong the service life.