A plug is a male threaded fitting which seals the end run of a pipe when fitted into a female threaded fitting. An end cap is a female threaded fitting and is threaded over the end of a piece of pipe to seal it off. Caps and plugs prevent dirt, dust, moisture, liquids, and any other contaminants from entering the opening during manufacturing, masking, storage, and transportation.
1. What Is A Pipe Cap?
A Pipe cap is a type of pipe fittings, also known as heads, plugs, bulkheads, which are welded on the pipe end or installed on the external thread of the pipe end to cover the pipes. Used to close the pipeline, the function is the same as the pipe plug.
- Pipe cap materials: carbon steel, stainless steel, alloy steel, PVC, plastic, etc.
- Pipe cap connection methods: threaded connection, socket weld, butt Weld, etc.
- Pipe cap shapes: round head caps, hex head caps, etc.
- Pipe cap manufacturing standards: ASME B16.11, ASME B16.9, etc.
- Pipe cap manufacturing process: forging and casting (Forging refers to the use of steel ingots or round bars for heating and forging forming, and then processing threads on a lathe; Casting refers to the melting of steel ingots and pouring them into a fixed pipe hoop model, and then cooling them).
- Pipe cap applications: pipe caps act as a protective device and are designed to protect pipe ends of various shapes. The main purpose of using pipe caps is to waterproof the connections. They are also used to close the ends of hydraulic or pneumatic pipes and tubes. They are used in the plumbing apparatus of domestic, commercial, and industrial water supply lines, machinery and processing equipment, etc. They are also fitted on water pump lines with the sole purpose of removing air blocks.
2. What Is A Pipe Plug?
A pipe plug refers to an external threaded pipe fitting used to block the internal thread of the pipe end. Installed on the internal thread of the pipe end. It has a male threaded type only and can be divided into Hexagon Head Plug, Round Head Plug, and Square Head Plug. Head shape influences its weight. As with the pipe cap, a plug allows you to fully pressurize your system.
- Pipe plug materials: carbon steel, stainless steel, copper, brass, plastic, etc.
- Pipe plug shapes: hex head plug, square head plug, etc.
- Pipe plug connection methods: threaded connection only.
- Pipe plug manufacturing standards: ASME B1.20.1, ASME B16.11, etc.
- Pipe plug manufacturing process: forging and casting (Forging refers to the use of steel ingots or round bars for heating and forging forming, and then processing threads on a lathe; Casting refers to the melting of steel ingots and pouring them into a fixed pipe hoop model, and then cooling them).
- Pipe plug applications: pipe plugs are used in the closing of the ends of various hydraulic or pneumatic pipes or tubes. Pipe plugs are a type of pipe fittings used in the plumbing apparatus of both industrial and domestic water supply lines, machinery, and so on. They are also for the removal of air blocks on water pump lines.
3. Pipe Cap VS Plug
Both pipe caps and pipe plugs belong to pipe fittings. At the same time, both pipe caps and pipe plugs prevent dirt, dust, moisture, liquids, and any other contaminants from entering the opening during manufacturing, masking, storage, and transportation.
The basic difference between a pipe cap and a pipe plug is that the pipe cap is an internally threaded pipe fitting and is connected to the externally threaded pipe end, while the pipe plug is an externally threaded pipe fitting that is connected to the internally threaded pipe end.
4. Where To Buy/Purchase Stainless Steel Pipe Caps And Pipe Plugs In China？
SANVO is a quality stainless steel threaded pipe fittings manufacturer, factory, exporter, and supplies 1/8"-4" stainless steel pipe caps, stainless steel pipe plugs, stainless steel pipe elbows, stainless steel pipe tees, stainless steel hose nipple, stainless steel hex nipple, stainless steel reducer couplings, stainless steel pipe unions, stainless steel lock nuts, etc.
- Stainless steel pipe cap and pipe plug factory, primary source, non-trading company;
- Best price and guaranteed quality, and ensure timely delivery;
- Samples can be mailed to customers for free, customer satisfaction is our ultimate goal;
- Can be customized according to drawings or samples and customer special needs.
I think you can buy stainless steel pipe caps and pipe plugs from SANVO. We can meet your size standards and special needs. If you have any needs, please contact us immediately for free samples or quotations, and we look forward to your messages.