2 Piece 316 Stainless Steel Ball Valve Description:
Stainless steel 2 piece ball valve and flanged gate valve are the same types of valves. The difference is that its closing part is a ball. The ball rotates around the centerline of the valve body to achieve opening and closing. The ball valve is mainly used to cut off, distribute and change the flow direction of the medium in the pipeline. Two-piece ball valve and three-piece ball valve are a new type of valve that has been widely used in recent years.
Within the Stainless Steel Ball Valve series, there are actually two types of Stainless, 304 and 316. These are two different material grades that have different make-ups. For more corrosion resistance, you can utilize the 316 grade, as it has an element called molybdenum which increases the corrosion resistance even greater than standard 304 Stainless.
The Advantages Of 2 Piece Ball Valves:
- The fluid resistance is small, and its resistance coefficient is equal to that of a pipe section of the same length.
- Simple structure, small size, and lightweight.
- It is tight and reliable. The sealing surface material of the ball valve is widely used in plastics and has good sealing performance. It has also been widely used in vacuum systems.
- Easy to operate, fast opening and closing, from full open to full close, as long as the rotation is 90°, it is convenient for remote control.
- The maintenance is convenient, the structure is simple, the sealing ring is generally movable, and it is convenient to disassemble and replace.
- When fully open or fully closed, the sealing surface of the ball and the valve seat is isolated from the medium. When the medium passes, it will not cause erosion of the valve sealing surface.
- It has a wide range of applications, with a diameter ranging from a few millimeters to a few meters, and can be applied from high vacuum to high pressure.
The 2 piece stainless steel ball valve is probably the most widely used ball valve. The 2 piece ball valve will open or shut off the flow on most liquids and gases quickly and easily and is suitable for just about any application where a simple on/off action is needed. Flow rate can also be controlled by partially opening or closing the valve to various degrees. Also referred to as a two-way ball valve, since it allows flow in any direction straight through from inlet to outlet. Being threaded ball valves they are quick to install and easy to use, requiring no tooling for installation. The two-piece ball valve is the best-priced full port ball valve, allowing the inside diameter of the pipe to remain constant and unrestricted. This means that the 2 piece stainless steel ball valve has no pressure drop and keeps the flow rate high.
The Working Principle Of 1 Piece Ball Valves:
1. Opening Process
- In the closed position, the ball is pressed against the valve seat by the mechanical pressure of the valve stem.
- When the handwheel is turned counterclockwise, the valve stem moves in the opposite direction, and its bottom angular plane makes the ball free from the valve seat.
- The valve stem continues to lift and interacts with the guide pin in the spiral groove of the valve stem, causing the ball to start rotating without friction.
- Until it reaches the fully open position, the valve stem is raised to the limit position and the ball rotates to the fully open position.
2. Closing Process
- When closing, turn the handwheel clockwise, the valve stem begins to descend and the ball leaves the valve seat and starts to rotate.
- Continue to rotate the handwheel, the valve stem is acted on by the guide pin embedded in the upper spiral groove, so that the valve stem and the ball rotate 90° at the same time.
- When it is about to close, the ball has rotated 90° without contact with the valve seat.
- In the last few turns of the handwheel, the angular plane at the bottom of the valve stem mechanically wedges and presses the ball, making it tightly pressed against the valve seat to achieve a complete seal.